Thursday 13 February 2014

Denny Herzberg, University of Miami Graduate



Denny Herzberg got his start studying at the University of Miami. It was here Denny Herzberg gained much of the business knowledge and experience he uses to this day. Following his graduation, Denny Herzberg has worked for many firms, including the Continental Grain Company, based in Saint Louis, MI. and New York City. Continental Grain Company sells wheat, grain and soybeans to Latin American. Denny Herzberg eventually came to work for Vitusa, and found a true passion for his work. After seven years of hard work for Vitusa, Denny Herzberg was named president of the corporation. It is thanks to his extensive education in business models that led Denny Herzberg to his prestigious position.

The University of Miami has been ranked as the 54th best undergraduate program in the nation by BusinessWeek, and the having 16th best business program in the nation by The Wall Street Journal. It is no wonder Denny Herzberg has a great respect for his former school and learned so much there. “I am very pleased that I received my degree from the University of Miami. I chose the school because of their high rankings and recognition in the business field. I always wanted to go to a smaller school so I could build meaningful relationships with the faculty, and so I could receive more one-on-one attention. I think I owe a lot of my success to the education I received while at the institution. The faculty had an innovative way of teaching business techniques, many of which I still utilize today,” Herzberg says.

It was his time at the University that inspired Denny Herzberg to institute new team-building exercises at Vitusa. “While I was in college at The University of Miami,” Denny Herzberg says, “my mentors stressed the importance of team building exercises. I consistently completed group projects as part of my curriculum, and I never realized how beneficial these projects would be in the future. As I started working in management positions, I realized that not everyone has had similar team experiences that I have. I think it is my duty as the President of Vitusa to help create a synergy amongst my team so I can effectively lead them in the future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment