Tuesday 18 February 2014

Denny Herzberg, Continually Expanding Vitusa



Denny Herzberg got his start studying at the University of Miami. It was here Denny Herzberg gained much of the business knowledge and experience he uses to this day. Following his graduation, Denny Herzberg has worked for many firms, including the Continental Grain Company, based in Saint Louis, MI. and New York City. Continental Grain Company sells wheat, grain and soybeans to Latin American. Denny Herzberg eventually came to work for Vitusa, and found a true passion for his work. After seven years of hard work for Vitusa, Denny Herzberg was named president of the corporation.

Vitusa Corp, founded in 1956 and based in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, specializes in the distribution of Animal Nutritional Feed Ingredient products, intended for the Dairy Industry. Under the leadership of Denny Herzberg, Vitusa has become a global distributor, now distributing its products to South American, Central America, Asia, and the Middle East. Though he has already established himself as a committed leader, Denny Herzberg hopes to continue to grow Vitusa further into new markets.

As president, Denny Herzberg also hopes to bring team-building to Vitusa. “While I was in college at The University of Miami my mentors stressed the importance of team building exercises. I consistently completed group projects as part of my curriculum, and I never realized how beneficial these projects would be in the future. As I started working in management positions, I realized that not everyone has had similar team experiences that I have. I think it is my duty as the President of Vitusa to help create a synergy amongst my team so I can effectively lead them in the future.”

“I was thrilled back in 1977 to be offered the position of President at Vitusa. I know with my extensive leadership experience I will be able help the team experience new successes.” Denny Herzberg says. Looking forward, Herzberg says, “I have created icebreakers to help my team feel more comfortable around each other. It also serves as a time where I can identify the strengths of each individual. I believe that effectively delegating work is one of the traits of a good leader; thus, I want to give employees projects they will thrive at.”

No comments:

Post a Comment